3/4 Cup - Iceberg Lettuce, chopped
2 slices - Large Tomatoes
4 slices - Large Red Onions
1 tbsp - Mayonnaise or Salad Dressing (I've used Ranch dressing)
1/2 tsp - Mustard sauce
1/2 tsp - Tomato Ketchup (I've used Maggie Hot n Sweet - Available in Indian stores)
A slice of Cheese (Optional. I've skipped this.)
A pinch of pepper
And, of course, some salt to taste!!
- Toast the bread slices. Skip this step if you like soft sandwiches. I toast them so they wont get soggy
- Mix ketchup and mustard in a bowl. Spread it on one side of a toasted slice
- Assemble veggies on this in the order you like and sprinkle salt and pepper. Leave lettuce some for the next layer
- Stash on another slice of bread. Top with cheese and left over lettuce
- Cover with the last slice and press down to put everything together
- Cut in half, diagonally
You could add a veggie/meat patty to make this a complete meal.
SERVES 2 (as a snack)
This yummy snack is off to Mahima's Cooking Basics Event @ Indian Vegetarian Kitchen.