Hop Right In!

I believe that salt is to food, what food is to life. In right proportions, it can heighten the taste of what you eat..and in the wrong - destroy! Even the most delicious sweets come added with some salt...to taste!

As for me, I've never enjoyed cooking. And as contrary to my owning a food-blog as it may sound, I always think about daily, routine cooking as a chore. But my tryst with the pots and pans began when I got a kitchen all to myself...I began experimenting and exploring new worlds in my own home. Some outcomes were excellent and some plain disasters. Then sprouted the need to keep track of all those good ones...and hence this blog!

Here, I share those experiments that pleased more than one palate!




May 21, 2009

Spicy Pasta with Chicken Sausage on Salad

Ive always loved to try new cuisines. Ever since we got to the US, if there was one thing that fascinated me was the ease with which American food adapted itself to world cuisines. This is my take on Pasta, only, of course altered to taste the Indian palate!


Ingredients

1/2 cup Pasta - Cooked (I've used Whole Wheat Rotini and Gnocchi)
Refer How to Cook Pasta under the Basics category for instructions
2 Chicken sausages, boiled for about 5 minutes
1 tsp - Garlic, grated
1/4th Onion - Finely chopped
4 Cherry Tomatoes - Quartered
1 tbsp Cucumber - Diced
1/2 cup Iceberg Lettuce - Randomly chopped
1 tsp Red Chili powder (You can use paprika/cayenne powder)
Italian Seasoning, to garnish
Oil
And, of course, some salt to taste

Method
- Slice the chicken sausages into discs and set aside
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and add the garlic
- Now, add the onions and stir for a minute
- Toss in the sausages and fry again
- Add the chili powder and stir for another minute on a medium flame
- Turn off the flame and add the cooked pasta and stir again
- Drizzle the Italian seasoning and a little salt for flavour

Serving Suggestion
Serve hot on a bed of freshly chopped salad of iceberg lettuce and cherry tomatoes.

SERVES 1

No comments:

Post a Comment