Hop Right In!

I believe that salt is to food, what food is to life. In right proportions, it can heighten the taste of what you eat..and in the wrong - destroy! Even the most delicious sweets come added with some salt...to taste!

As for me, I've never enjoyed cooking. And as contrary to my owning a food-blog as it may sound, I always think about daily, routine cooking as a chore. But my tryst with the pots and pans began when I got a kitchen all to myself...I began experimenting and exploring new worlds in my own home. Some outcomes were excellent and some plain disasters. Then sprouted the need to keep track of all those good ones...and hence this blog!

Here, I share those experiments that pleased more than one palate!




May 15, 2009

Pineapple Salad

This one is no big shakes. In fact, all it takes is a stir! And, if you are a health nut, this will not only please your waiste-line but also your taste buds.

Ingredients
8 slices of Pineapple
1/2th Onion - Julienned
1/4th Green Pepper - Julienned
1/4th Iceberg Lettuce - Randomly chopped
8 Cherry Tomatoes - Quartered
1/4th tsp - Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp - Red chillie powder (paprika/cayenne powder)
And, of course, salt to taste!!

Method

- Mix the lemon juice, salt and chillie powder in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently.
- Set aside for about half an hour (You can opt to keep it in the refrigerator if you want to eat it cold)

SERVES 2
This fresh salad is off to Madhuri's 'Serve me Some...Salads' event.


Madhuri, I do hope you like this one!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deepthi! This should be yum !!Both our salads have pineapple and capsicum!!

    ReplyDelete