Hop Right In!

I believe that salt is to food, what food is to life. In right proportions, it can heighten the taste of what you eat..and in the wrong - destroy! Even the most delicious sweets come added with some salt...to taste!

As for me, I've never enjoyed cooking. And as contrary to my owning a food-blog as it may sound, I always think about daily, routine cooking as a chore. But my tryst with the pots and pans began when I got a kitchen all to myself...I began experimenting and exploring new worlds in my own home. Some outcomes were excellent and some plain disasters. Then sprouted the need to keep track of all those good ones...and hence this blog!

Here, I share those experiments that pleased more than one palate!




May 18, 2009

Fully Loaded Veggie Taco

Sometimes it sets me wondering why such simple and easy to make dishes find their way out of our lives and get replaced by time consuming, high calorie foods. All you gotta do here is chop the veggies and throw it onto your taco... and you are good to go!!

Ingredients
1 Soft whole wheat taco
1 [Ready to eat] Veggie Cutlet (Optional)
1/4th Onion - Julienned
4 Baby Carrots - Julienned
4 Cherry Tomatoes - Quartered
1/4th Cucumber - Diced
1 cup Iceberg Lettuce - Randomly chopped
1/8th cup Feta Cheese - Crumbled or cubed
2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup (You can use any other dressing you like. I normally use Maggie Hot and Sweet Tomato Ketchup)
1 tbsp yogurt, whipped to a smooth texture
And, of course, some salt to taste

Method

- Lay the taco on a plate
- Crush the veggie cutlet
- On the taco, smooth the ketchup or dressing as a base layer
- Now, stack up all the chopped veggies, cheese and crushed cutlet
- Drizzle the yogurt for some liquid action
- Sprinkle the salt (And pepper if you desire. I use spicy ketchup so I skip the pepper)
- Fold the taco over and serve

SERVES 1

2 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! I have made something like this in the past, but not with so mnay ingredients...just a few. But this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! U gotta try it. You can also stir fry all the ingredients together if you want more taste!

    ReplyDelete