Hop Right In!

I believe that salt is to food, what food is to life. In right proportions, it can heighten the taste of what you eat..and in the wrong - destroy! Even the most delicious sweets come added with some salt...to taste!

As for me, I've never enjoyed cooking. And as contrary to my owning a food-blog as it may sound, I always think about daily, routine cooking as a chore. But my tryst with the pots and pans began when I got a kitchen all to myself...I began experimenting and exploring new worlds in my own home. Some outcomes were excellent and some plain disasters. Then sprouted the need to keep track of all those good ones...and hence this blog!

Here, I share those experiments that pleased more than one palate!




March 24, 2010

A Warm and Sunny Award

What better way to begin Spring than to wake up to this warm and sunny award!?
ALL THANKS TO SUMA of Cakes and More!!!



Suma, I think you are perhaps the sweetest blogger, and I would second Madhuri's 'Award Angel' title for you. A big Thank You for this Sunshine Award and a bigger hug to you!! For those of you reading this, Suma has a lovely collection of mouth-watering cakes and many other delicacies on her blog. My personal favourite being her Black Forest Cake. I think making a perfect black forest cake goes to prove that you are an extraordinary baker! Suma, hats-off for this one. When we come over to Bangalore next time, I want a large order of this for my whole khaandaan.

Yes, its my laziness that it took me over 48 hours to do this post. And it is my lethargy that, had it not been for Madhuri, I would not have even seen this award for a good long time!

Although, I have been blogging for close to a year now, I have not so much got into blog-hopping and blog-networking, per se, until very recently. I would write on my blog just for my own satisfaction and pass my recipes to my known friend circle. But, with all this happening my horizons are expanding, and I am glad! I am told to pass this award to at least 12 other bloggers but for now, I have just a couple on my list. I hope that I get to know many more of you fellow-bloggers soon so my list can mushroom, too! Here are the few of you that I would like to pass this award to:

Neha of My Kitchen To Yours
Gayathri of Spices Galore
Mallika of VegBowl
Priya of Priya's Nice N Tasty Recipes
Srivalli of Spice Your Life!
Gomathy of Spicy Lounge
Jothi of Panch Pakwan

Once again, thanks a zillion for this lovely award Suma. I am so honored and happy to be connected with a person like you!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats Deepti! My pleasure to pass it on to you! Thanks for thinking of me as an extra-ordinary baker:-)) My Black Forest cake ready whenever you land in Bangalore!! Glad to know you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congarts Deepti on Award.
    Thank you so much for sharing with me..That really thoughtful of you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suma, we Blr food bloggers should meet up...I WANT to try your cakes so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your well deserved award Deepti..and thanks for sharing with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyday Gomathy! You're doing a fab job too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the thought and congrats on your award

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome, Srivalli. I love the stuff you have on Cooking 4 All Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Deeps! May you have many many many more coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a ton Deepti..am honoured dear..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Priya, I am honored too.. to have found blogger friends like you to share these rewards with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sure is a surprise Deepti! I am pleased :)
    Thanks a million and congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations J ( I still use the nickname V gave you ).Thanks for passing it on to me. I would love to be more involved but finding time to post recipes is a miracle in my house. Thanks again !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gayathri - Stick to saying J. DO NOT DARE to expand it. Idhar meri naak mat katvaao, please!

    And, yes it is my pleasure to have passed it on to you. I too, perfectly understand how difficult it must be to keep the posts coming. I have a hard time with one kiddo... three ain't a joke! But still, kudos to you for just being you and ALL that you do!

    ReplyDelete