Hop Right In!

I believe that salt is to food, what food is to life. In right proportions, it can heighten the taste of what you eat..and in the wrong - destroy! Even the most delicious sweets come added with some salt...to taste!

As for me, I've never enjoyed cooking. And as contrary to my owning a food-blog as it may sound, I always think about daily, routine cooking as a chore. But my tryst with the pots and pans began when I got a kitchen all to myself...I began experimenting and exploring new worlds in my own home. Some outcomes were excellent and some plain disasters. Then sprouted the need to keep track of all those good ones...and hence this blog!

Here, I share those experiments that pleased more than one palate!




November 17, 2009

Broccoli and Tofu Melange

If there is any good source of protein other than meat and lentils - its Soy! What better way to eat soy than to consume tofu. The best part is due to is dissolve-in-the-mouth texture it can be easily combined with different foods to create unique tasting dishes. In this preparation I've blended in some spices with some all time favorite Far Eastern ingredients - Broccoli and Tofu! Oh, and Ive 'Indianized' it too.. so go ahead and try this one with hot rotis, if you will!!



Ingredients


1 Cup Tofu - cubed
1 Cup Broccoli florets - chopped into small florets
1/2 Onion - Finely chopped
1/2 Tomato - Finely chopped
1 tsp Red Chillie powder
1 tsp Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Oil
And, of course, some salt to taste!

Method

- Heal oil in a wok/kadai
- Add the onions and tomatoes and saute until well cooked
- Add garlic paste and fry
- Now add the broccoli and stir for about a minute
- Add salt, stir and cover for about 5 minutes (Until broccoli cooks)
- Uncover and toss in the tofu and stir slowly so that the veggies and tofu don't break
- Sprinkle garam masala
- Adjust salt and spices and cover and cook for about 5 mins. to allow all flavours to combine

Serving Suggestion
Serve hot with home made rotis or just as a side dish to your favorite entree.

SERVES 2

No comments:

Post a Comment