Hop Right In!

I believe that salt is to food, what food is to life. In right proportions, it can heighten the taste of what you eat..and in the wrong - destroy! Even the most delicious sweets come added with some salt...to taste!

As for me, I've never enjoyed cooking. And as contrary to my owning a food-blog as it may sound, I always think about daily, routine cooking as a chore. But my tryst with the pots and pans began when I got a kitchen all to myself...I began experimenting and exploring new worlds in my own home. Some outcomes were excellent and some plain disasters. Then sprouted the need to keep track of all those good ones...and hence this blog!

Here, I share those experiments that pleased more than one palate!




June 9, 2009

C Cubed

If I've left you wondering what kind of dish this is...well here is the explanation. If there is anything you can taste when you eat this - it's the chicken, coriander and chilies. So, that's how I coined 'C Cubed'!! While the combination itself may seem pretty common, this recipe will tingle your taste buds leaving you longing for more. And, I cannot find an easier way to make super delicious chicken curry.


Ingredients
10 to 12 pcs Chicken - washed and cleaned
1 Onion - Finely chopped
1/2 Tomato - Roughly chopped
1 large bunch (about 3 cups) Coriander - washed (You need not remove the stem)
5 pcs - Green chillies
8 cloves - Garlic
1 tbsp - Ginger, grated
1 tbsp - Coconut
2 tbsp - Coriander powder (Dhania powder)
1 tsp - Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp - Pepper powder
Oil
And, of course, some salt to taste

Method
- In the blender, toss in the ginger, garlic, pepper, coriander, coconut, green chillies and tomato and grind to a very fine, smooth paste. Use minimum required water so that the texture turns out very smooth. Set aside.
- In a pressure cooker (or any regular vessel), heat oil and add the onions and fry until they turn translucent
- Now slowly add the chicken pieces. Fry on a low flame for about 3 minutes
- Add salt, turmeric powder and coriander powder and further stir until the chicken starts to cook up and release its juices
- Now add a little water (about 1 fl. oz) to prevent the chicken from burning
- Pour the ground paste and stir
- Cover and cook until chicken is done

Noteworthy Notes
1. You can add more water to the dish after its done in order to adjust the consistency of the gravy

2. If you are using the pressure cooker, you could add some more tomato pieces just before you close the dish for cooking. This adds further taste.

Serving Suggestion

Serve hot with rotis/rice

SERVES 3

No comments:

Post a Comment