Hop Right In!

I believe that salt is to food, what food is to life. In right proportions, it can heighten the taste of what you eat..and in the wrong - destroy! Even the most delicious sweets come added with some salt...to taste!

As for me, I've never enjoyed cooking. And as contrary to my owning a food-blog as it may sound, I always think about daily, routine cooking as a chore. But my tryst with the pots and pans began when I got a kitchen all to myself...I began experimenting and exploring new worlds in my own home. Some outcomes were excellent and some plain disasters. Then sprouted the need to keep track of all those good ones...and hence this blog!

Here, I share those experiments that pleased more than one palate!




May 21, 2009

Broccolli with Pasta in Marinara Sauce

This one is for those times when you are oh-so-hungry but have just about 15 minutes to cook a meal. The pasta fills you up like nothing else and the broccoli and sauce make sure you are getting your veggies too! Yup, that kills two birds in one shot. Go for it.


Ingredients
1 cup Pasta, cooked
Refer How to Cook Pasta under the Basics category for instructions
1 Cup Broccoli florets
2 Cups Roasted bell pepper Marinara sauce (You could use regular if you like lower heat quotients)
Italian Seasoning
Oil
And, of course, some salt to taste!!

Method
- Firstly boil some water and cook the broccoli florets in it for just about 30 seconds. This will make the florets crisp green. Cooking it any further will make the broccoli too mushy. You could do this step before you cook the pasta since you will have to boil water for that anyway.
- In a saucepan, heat some oil
- Toss in the broccoli florets and stir until crisp.
- Add a dash of salt to flavour the broccoli
- Add the marinara sauce and simmer
- Once the sauce almost comes to a boil, turn off the heat
- Lay pasta on a plate and pour sauce over it
- Garnish with Italian seasoning

SERVES 2

No comments:

Post a Comment